Monday, March 25, 2013

Hey little fighter, things will get brighter


March 25, 2013

Day 5

Hola - Today I woke up and went into work. My coworkers said my face looked "better" than when they saw me on day 1. I only stayed for a bit, then it was off to my doctor's appt. It was the first time meeting Dr. Lee -- he was terrific! He looked over my cat scan results and said he didn't see anything abnormal other than a few pinched nerves likely resulting from the Bell's. He referred me to the neurologist just in case. I mentioned the constant headaches and ear pain. He checked my ear and saw that it was inflamed, a possible sinus infection. He prescribed me antibiotics (Amoxicillin) and gave me an additional prescription for more 2 more weeks of Prednisone. I also had my blood drawn since I hadn't had a test done recently.

I asked Dr. Lee about returning to work, he said I should relax for at least a week. Staring at a computer monitor or a TV screen may further strain/stress my eye. He thinks I'll be out for a month, but I plan to return next week if I feel better.

I think the swelling in my face has gone down. I am also able to fully close my right eye if I concentrate really hard -- all signs of small improvements, but exciting none the less. I also started reading this great book called "God Never Blinks" by Regina Brett. It's not so much a story about faith, but rather human emotion. It has taught me to remember Bell's is temporary and that no matter how good or how bad a situation is, it will change. As the author puts it... "the passage of time heals almost everything. Give time time"and with that, I'm headed to bed - one day closer to recovery. I have posted a few new photos I took today... I shall call them, "More images of life's little detour" ;) Nighty night.



No comments:

Post a Comment