Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Day 6

March 26, 2013

Day 6

Today I woke up, took my medicine and went on an early morning a hike with my dog. I wanted to do something "active" since the doctor told me I should keep working out. Prednisone causes fluid retention and an increased appetite, which translates into weight gain if you're not careful. I've been trying to keep myself busy and avoid high-sodium foods. 

My jaw feels pretty sore, as does the rest of my body -- again, a side effect of the meds. I bought a gel pack from Walgreens to use warm or cold to ease the pain. It covers the forehead, eyes and nose for maximum relief... it works pretty well. I've noticed an increased in sensitivity to sound in my right ear. It feels like everything is painfully loud. No noticeable changes in the appearance of my face today. 



No comments:

Post a Comment