Thursday, March 28, 2013

Day 8

March 28, 2013 

I am starting to feel the right side of my face a little more. I still have pretty painful headaches, but I've been taking extra strength Tylenol and drinking A LOT of water. If I clench together my teeth, I can feel my jaw move and the right side of my mouth twitch. The appearance of my face looks about the same, though the swelling seems to be going down a bit. 

Yesterday I spent my morning volunteering at the city's soup kitchen... and even though several people asked, "what's wrong with your face?" It helped to put my situation into perspective. I left reminded that there are far worse things that could happen to me than a crooked smile.  

Today I woke up, did my makeup for the first time in over a week and threw my hair up. I went to play Bingo with some of my coworkers...we lost :( but it was still fun to get my mind off of all this for just a bit. I'm realizing that it's important, (as my book also mentions) that no matter how I feel, I get up, dress up and show up for life. Time doesn't stand still just because I'm ill. I still need to go out and enjoy myself.

Tomorrow I will fly home to San Jose for Easter. Some quality time spent relaxing with my family should be good for me. I plan on going into work Monday and working behind the scenes till my face decides to snap out of it and I can go back on air. 

I'll just have to go with the flow and have faith that the best days are yet to come!
Recovery week 2 begins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment