Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Week 3

April 9th 2013
DAY 20

Today I am almost 100% recovered. Over the weekend I was able to blink simultaneously, which was a huge deal! My face felt really puffy, but my smile was coming back slowly but surely. I think relaxing at the lake really helped. I was able to forget about my condition and just have fun :) Here are some pics taken from the beach and from the Boathouse on the Pier in South Lake,  love it!


I finished the last of my antiviral meds on Saturday and took my last Prednisone pills today. I can't wait to return to work on Monday!

I met with the neurologist yesterday. He said my speedy recovery was due in part to my body's ability to respond to the meds. The fact that I caught the symptoms within hours of onset played a huge part in my treatment. He put me on a vitamin B12 and Folic Acid regimen. The supplements are supposed to help repair the nerves in my face and prevent any further damage in the future.

When I return to work next week I will take some more photos. Here's one I took on my way home from the doctor's office yesterday... getting there!





1 comment:

  1. Castor oil is extremely helpful in the Bell’s Palsy Natural Treatment. It lessens swelling and recuperates the harmed nerve. It fortifies the facial muscles and builds their flexibility. Warm some castor oil in a skillet. Drench a meager cotton fabric into the oil and apply it to the face. Spread the pack with wool to trap the warmth.

    ReplyDelete